This post will introduce you to the new release from Ahrefs: Ahrefs Webmaster Tools or AWT.
We all know that when it comes to improving our SEO, we need the best tools.
With the new AWT tool, you will be able to get actionable insights on any site you own.
So if you own a website and want to improve your SEO without spending any money, here is this new solution from Ahrefs.
Let’s dive into this free tool.
Ahrefs Webmaster Tools’ Quick Facts
- Product: Ahrefs Webmaster Tools or AWT
- Product Type: Cloud SEO Software
- Price: Free (For Verified Websites)
- Included Tools: Site Audit And Site Explorer
- URL: Click Here
- Recommended: Yes
What is Ahrefs Webmaster Tools?
Ahrefts Webmaster Tools is a magnificent set of tools to improve your website’s SEO performance and get more traffic by analyzing your site SEO issues. It also helps you to identify your backlink profile.
Not only that, but you can also get built-in solutions to the identified issues.
Let’s break AWT into its components and how to use them. But first, I will show you how to install it.
How To Start Using Ahrefs Webmaster Tools
1. Go to AWT Website
You can follow this link to Ahrefs Webmaster Tools, it will open in a new tab, so you can follow the instructions.
2. Sign Up For A Free Account
You will need to verify your Website Ownership before you can start using AWT. You can do the verification in four different ways.
3. Verify your website ownership
- Connecting with Google Search Console or GSC (recommended), I used it, and it is fast and more effortless.
Note: There is no risk of any of your data being collected or used by Ahrefs; the Google Search Console connection is just for verification. (Search Engine Journal research). Don’t have your site connected to GSC yet? Here is how
If you are more of a tech-savvy, alternatively, you can use the other three methods:
- Uploading an HTML file;
- Adding a TXT record to your DNS configuration;
- You are adding an HTML meta tag to your homepage.
Once verified, you can start your audit right away (Site Audit is tool #1), and you can turn on to run weekly audits and crawl all external sites.
Tool #1: Site Audit
You can check on information on each one of them with the unintrusive-featured gray-background question marks.
I love the visuals and the data information on each card. Isn’t it great?
With Site Audit, you can check over a hundred SEO issues that may be hurting your rankings in organic search.
And for each issue, you can see what is exactly the problem, on which URL, and how to fix it. That way, you can solve the problems and positively impact your site’s SEO and rankings.
Site Audit also includes a series of apps with valuable information and reports with lots of tips for your site health, including:
- All issues
- Crawl log
- Bulk export
- Page explorer
- Link explorer
- Link opportunities
- Structure explorer
- Internal pages
- On page
- Social tags
- Duplicate content
- External pages
Tool #2: Site Explorer
Site Explorer from AWT gives you a look into your site’s backlinks and search data.
- Pages that link to your site
- The pages they are linking to
- SEO metrics that help you understand their influence on your website
- All the keywords your site ranks for broken-down by country
- Domain Rating
- Total backlinks
- Total referring domains
- The Number of Keywords your site is ranking for
- The amount of traffic you are getting
- Many other tools, reports, and filters that you can use and even export, such as:
2. Backlink profile
- Referring domains
- Referring IPs
- Internal backlinks
- Link intersect
3. Organic search
- Organic keywords
- Organic keywords 2.0
- *Top pages
- Top subfolders
- Top subdomains
- Competing domains
- Competing pages
- Content gap
- Best by links
- Best by links’ growth
- Top content
5. Outgoing links
- Linked domains
- Broken links
6. Paid search
- PPC keywords
- Top landing pages
Ahrefs Webmaster Tools Limitations
There are some limits to how many URLs the tools crawl and for how long it retains the data.
- Monthly crawled URLs – 5,000 per project
- Data retention – 3 months
- JS rendering – yes
- Backlink index – Live only
- Rows per report – 1,000
- Rows per month – 100,000
- Export rows per report – 1,000
- Export rows per month – 10,000
Advanced SEO reports:
- Content gap – 10 rows per report
- Link Intersect – 10 rows per report
- Competing pages/domains – 10 rows per report
- Top pages/subdomains/paths – 10 rows per report
My Final Points On This Tool
- This is a great tool that will give you detailed and in-depth information
- Ahref’s is one of the SEO research tools authorities in the world
- The two parts of AWT are a free release (with just a few limitations) of the paid counterpart (two of the five main tools of Ahrefs paid membership).
- Complements Google Search Console and supplies more information in many cases
- Ahrefs Webmaster Tools is an excellent tool, and it is free, so I highly recommend it.
What do you think of Ahrefs Webmaster Tools?
Are you using this tool already?
Please share your experience in the comments box. If you have any questions, please shoot!
I would love to connect and help you as much as I can with your online ventures.
Thanks for being here!